I’ve got my Go-To Supply List For Your Holiday Containers for you as mentioned over at the Red Bird Holiday Seasonal Sparkle [Containers + Decor]. These are my tried and true go-to’s that I keep *in* hand for this time of year when making #livingholidaygreetingcards. Though your results may vary, you can’t go wrong with any of these supplies:
- Twist-ems Twisty ties – I honestly feel like MacGyver with this supply. The fur-baby interns best watch out… they may have a winter bouquet twisty-tied to ’em! The easy cutter included makes this an on-the-go, ICOE, all-in-one tool – clip off just a smidgen or lasso the whole darn garland together.
- Tacky Glue – So many creations, so little time. This is *the* glue I’ve used since I was little. Perfect for working with sedums year-round.
- Garden Staples – Used all year, these fabric anchors are to container design as bobby pins were to my momma’s beehive hair-do. These staples hold everything pinned into place in the soil of your container. You know, taking care of the fly-aways.
- Holiday Greens – When not sourcing from our own gardens and farm, I shop VERY Pacific-NW local for the best greens, garlands, trees, cones at the seasonal retail store, The Holly Shop. (Bonus: they rent out part of the workspace to the AMAZING non-profit The Bloom Project – which ALWAYS feels good to be near!)
- Floral Wire – Great for bundling greens for your container centerpiece or stringing baubles and balls together before stapling into the soil.
- Latching Storage Box – KISS – All supplies stored in one safe place. Love these made in USA bins. Be sure to “size up” your bin as needed so that you have room to stow the baubles, bows, balls you want to repurpose next year.
- Wilt Stop – This is so handy for extending the life of your greens! Spray directly to your holiday garlands, greens, tree to decrease drying out. (Keep on hand for transplanting in spring too!)
- Glue Dots – I’m definitely a dot-n-go gal. This handy dispenser helps make for quick(er) work. Choose from permanent (better for outdoors most times) or removable.
- Secret Sauce – not shown here. These are your special touches of found nature objects (dried seed pods or Allium blooms, let’s say) and baubles, balls, bows, bedazzling that make your seasonal decor yours! Have fun making your #livingholidaygreetingcard.
For more #RedBirdBehindtheScenes in real-time, Follow along. I’m always creating something for our thriving outside, healing inside. Be sure to share your creations too!